What happens when people meet someone, or talk to someone who sounds exactly like you?
He said he doesn't have a life. He said he wants to start to be alone since he doesn't want his problems to mess up other people's lives. Sounds familiar?
He said it's selfish to have other people worry about you when they have their own set of problems.
He said he doesn't want to be a drag of other people.
He said he did hang out with the right friend, but the friend right left.
This kid sounded exactly like me. The only thing I could do is to tell him what Edwin told me before, when I addressed the problem for the very first time in my life, after 13 months.
This odour of sadness is all coming back to me.
Friday, September 08, 2006
An image of myself
Therefore, I wish I could be as caring as Edwin. Sometimes people don't need you to solve the problem for them. They probably just need someone to talk to. It won't take up too much of your time. Be there and be a good listener show them that although he/she is going through some difficult times, he/she is not alone. And that's more than enough.
Thanks again Edwin. And I am going to do my best to offer. Talk to me friends.
Posted by
chiara
at
12:53
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment