I don't know if it's my problem or what? People are weird as hell lately. They all looked stressed and pissed off.
First of all, Colin didn't show up for volunteer last night. I was left alone to deal with the weirdos. A family member of a chinese patient came up to me and complaint about her life. She said living with her mom was so difficult, plus her mom didn't speak english. She lived an hour away from the hospital so it was hectic for her to travel. I mean I understand what she was trying to express but saying it three times made it really annoying. I didn't say anything besides "elderlies are like that in general" which I think it's true. You just have to be more patient with them. And she complaint about the family doctors didn't listen to their hearts underneath the shirt, comparing to the doctors in HK, the doctors in HK were better. Sounds EXACTLY like my mom. Again I didn't say anything. Then she's like you have so much patience, you're gonna be a good nurse. WEird.
Then when I was talking to a visitor, a doctor rushed out and said "i need your help, do you want to come and help me? you are doing something more than dealing with patients." I was like...okay, I followed him. He actually wanted me to stock up the equipments at fast track area. He went up the the charge nurse and said she was gonna help me out. So, the charge nurse didn't agree but the doctor wanted me to do. I knew this wasn't my job but if there wasn't anybody doing it, I don't mind to stock up the gloves and stuff. Plus, it wasn't that busy out in the waiting area. I ended up getting trapped in the conflict between the doctor and the charge nurse. Omg.... I don't know what I am supposed to do. I think the doctor has a point. If everyone was so busy and I wasn't doing anything, why wouldn't the nurse let me help out a little? But that will violate the boundary of the PCA's job.
Another weird thing. What the heck happens with Justin, my classmate? He just completely stopped talking to me. We were in the same lab. I was trying to study with him. Then all of a sudden, he's like ignoring me. I didn't do anything to him. All we did together was lunch. Can anybody explain to me what happen? What? New rules on earth? Friendship can only last one month for me? Then we can't talk to each other no more?
More weird things.... Auntie joe... don't even want to talk about it. It's too weird and too sad. I wish someone could tell me what I have done wrong. Ya I have met some new friends lately, see how they are going to ignore me again in a month!
Tuesday, June 28, 2005
What's wrong with people these days?
Posted by
chiara
at
12:06
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment