How could I forget to mention about the volunteer work on Monday? It's like my highlight of the week, esp when my volunteer partner, Colin was involved in my whole Osadetz incident!!! Since I did what he told me to do, he owed me a hot chocolate for my bravery. Then I found out, if he were in the same situation, although he knew that was the right thing to do, he wouldn't have done the same thing. But I actually DID it. I am so proud of myself, and SHAME on you Colin Newman!!
Although this Monday was not crazily busy, two patients passed away when I was on my shift. One of them was expected therefore the whole family was there. The other one passed away while ago because of a heart attack and he just fell in a construction site. We had to call security to take the family to the morgue. The morgue ...... I don't like this word, it sounds cold and lonely. Then I was thinking, we, human are fragile, like very fragile. When there's something wrong in our body, we literally fall apart. When the time comes, we have absolutely no control over it. Then, I realized how fortunate that my cholesterol doesn't block my arteries when I am sleeping, how lucky I am to wake up everyday and see the sunshine. All of a sudden, the sad things happened before, don't seem that sad anymore.
More exciting thing, Richard came by to visit. I was soooo happy. I gasped and ran up to give him a big hug. I haven't seen him in months. Richie is a security in University Health Network. Sometimes we were on the same shift at the TWH ER. But he switched to TGH couple months ago. I only go to TGH when I have patients there. Most of the time I stay at TWH. Anyway, extremely happy to see him since a lot of things happened in between. So, we spent some time talking before he left. OMG, I still can't believe that.
Thursday, February 03, 2005
Appreciate life more than ever
Posted by
chiara
at
00:40
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment